Re: GPL clients for non-free services

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 03:19:32PM -0500, Joe Moore wrote:
> The paragraph above is the result of the logic:
> 1. linking -> combined work
> 2. dynamic linking -> linking
> 3. dynamic linking over network (RPC) -> dynamic linking
> 4. network service -> dynamic linking over network

Note that these steps are increasingly tenuous, and none of the latter
three have been tested in court, ttbomk.

> "Therefore", network service -> combined work.

...for the purposes of copyright. (ie, it's primarily a legal argument,
not a technical one)

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''