Re: Barriers to an ASP loophole closure

Scripsit bts@alum.mit.edu (Brian T. Sniffen)

> What happens twenty years from now, when Transmeta-style reconfiguring
> processors are everywhere, and I'm not so much running emacs as I am
> rebuilding my computer into a fixed machine which implements emacs?

This particular problem, if any, is one we've had since von Neumann('s
team) invented the stored-program computer in the 1940's. The act of
from the act of loading a program that also includes some
reconfiguring of the data path, that it raises fundamentally new
problems with respect to software licensing.

--
Henning Makholm               "Hele toget raslede imens Sjælland fór forbi."