Re: The Show So Far

David Turner <novalis@novalis.org> writes:

> But they're legitimate interests that users of Free Software want.  I
> don't see why "altering the application you actually run" is the only
> goal that's allowed for Free Software.  These aren't "side effects" --
> they're primary, important goals in themselves.  Indeed, giving copies
> to friends (another freedom of Free Software) is a primary goal.

I have many many interests.  In general, free software principles say
that, NO MATTER HOW IMPORTANT THOSE INTERESTS, I don't get to impinge
on people's freedom to use and modify my software as a way of
compelling them to support my interests--EVEN if those interests are
"free software interests".

Otherwise, you seem to be saying that I should be able to demand the
tax returns of any modifier of the code, since that can surely be used
to advance free software interests.  Right?