Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 12:44:15PM +0100, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> Even http://www.fsf.org/philosophiy/free-sw.html, where the four
> freedoms are written, talks about:
> #You should also have the freedom to make modifications and use them
> #privately in your own work or play, without even mentioning that they
> #exist. If you do publish your changes, you should not be required to
> #notify anyone in particular, or in any particular way.
> #
> #The freedom to use a program means the freedom for any kind
> #of person or organization to use it on any kind of computer
> #system, for any kind of overall job, and without being required to
> #communicate subsequently with the developer or any other specific entity.

Thanks for the cite; hopefully Mr. Turner will get that Ashcroft stuff
out of his system now.  ;-)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      "I came, I saw, she conquered."
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      The original Latin seems to have