Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

Scripsit David Turner <novalis@novalis.org>
> On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 08:04, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > In that case you can simply choose to distribute the program only to
> > people you trust. You can't do this if the license carries an
> > obligation to distribute to a fixed third party, too.

> Interesting!  I am inclined to agree with this, and point out that the
> AGPL basically puts users in the category of people you have to trust.

Yes - and we don't want to accept licenses that do not allow people
the freedom to chose who they want to trust.

> Sniffen (who secretely wants to write proprietary software)

I think you just lost your credibility in this discussion.

--
Henning Makholm                            "Hvad skulle vi med en præsident,
                                                 sådan en folkepolitibetjent