Re: OCAML QPL Issue

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 09:26:01PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
[DFSG#4]

> I'm not sure I think it was a mistake though; I don't see it as all
> that objectionable.

I consider it objectionable because of what happens if you try to
maintain a forked version, or if you try to mix code from different
projects.  DFSG#4 promotes an "every project is an island" view
that is IMHO harmful in the long run.  As an exercise, consider
what would have happened if we had started with libc, libm,
and libresolv all being separate projects with such a license.

Richard Braakman