Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 07:46:18PM -0700, Barak Pearlmutter wrote:
> I've edited that nascent DFSG FAQ and put it at
>
>  http://www-bcl.cs.unm.edu/~bap/dfsg-faq.html
>
> I'd appreciate comments.  Especially from the OSD/DFSG "WE MUST UNIFY"
> folks, who might perhaps be able to use some of this material to
> clarify their OSD into conformance with Debian practice, ie to reject
> licenses they previously felt obliged to accept but which Debian
> rejects.
>
> Also, should this go somewhere on the Debian web site?  (If someone
> thinks it should please just take it over from me and put it up.)

Wow, great work, thanks.

I've been wanting to write a DFSG FAQ myself for a long time (remember
my proposed "interpretive guidelines"? :) ), and now you've gone and
saved me the trouble.

If you run out of time to maintain this I'd be delighted to host it at.
http://people.debian.org/~branden/

Thanks again for assembling this document.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     "Why do we have to hide from the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      police, Daddy?"