Re: OSD && DFSG - different purposes - constructive suggestion!

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003, Barak Pearlmutter wrote:
> I've edited that nascent DFSG FAQ and put it at
>
>  http://www-bcl.cs.unm.edu/~bap/dfsg-faq.html
>
> I'd appreciate comments.

It seems quite usefull to me, at least for starters.

However, if you (or your contributors) could add links to the portions
of the debian-legal archive where issues mentioned in the FAQ have
been discussed previously, that would also be usefull.

This also ties in slightly with a mini-project that I have been
considering for a while to sumarize the arguments for or against a
specific license as discussed on -legal, and provide links to the
original discussion, perhaps in a website or similar. [That way the
"caselaw" of -legal becomes a bit more formal, or at least readily
accessible without relying on google to bore through the archives.]

Don Armstrong

--
If you wish to strive for peace of soul, then believe; if you wish to
be a devotee of truth, then inquire.

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu