Re: The Affero license

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 04:40:23PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Mark Rafn <dagon@dagon.net> writes:
>
> > You're not serious are you?  Include "sanitize for undesirable comments",
> > re-architect to avoid an insecure hack, setup, house, and buy bandwidth
> > for http and mail servers for all these extra things because your core
> > service doesn't support those non-features.
>
> I'm not in favor of the obligatory publishing clause.

Indeed, isn't that sort of clause the very reason we've refused to allow
other software into Debian?

In any case, I agree with you 100%.  The existing GPL gets this right -- if
you give binaries to anyone, you have to give them the source to -- and
anyone you give any of the code to has to get the same rights under the GPL.
Makes perfect sense to me.

-- John