Re: PHPNuke license

I remind d-l, since it seems not to have noticed, that the AGPL is at:
http://www.affero.org/oagpl.html

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 11:39, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit David Turner <novalis@gnu.org>
>
> > The major change is section (2)(d), which says, in short, "If the
> > program has quine-like functionality to give you a link to the running
> > source code, you can't remove it."
>
> I sincerely hope that the FSF is not contemplating to add such a
> clause to the GPL. It would mean that one couldn't modify such a
> program such that it didn't talk to the net anymore (instead offering
> its services exclusively on the command line, or whatever).

Why don't you read the actual (2)(d), and propose changes:

* d) If the Program as you received it is intended to interact with
users through a computer network and if, in the version you received,
any user interacting with the Program was given the opportunity to
request transmission to that user of the Program's complete source code,
you must not remove that facility from your modified version of the
Program or work based on the Program, and must offer an equivalent
opportunity for all users interacting with your Program through a
computer network to request immediate transmission by HTTP of the
complete source code of your modified version or other derivative work.

--
-Dave Turner                     Stalk Me: 617 441 0668

"On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters
of principle, stand like a rock." -Thomas Jefferson