Re: PHPNuke license

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 12:45:55PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I would recommend that users of the GPL who find this requirement ugly
> begin adding an additional exemption to 2(c) to their own works.
> Branden, if I'm not mistaken, this would constitute an additional
> permission and is therefore acceptable in your book?

I'm not sure this would help.  In order to remain GPL-compatible (as I
understand it), the exemption must be severable, and if it's severable,
people can still add the notice and make it sticky.

It would be a statement that the original author doesn't *want* such a
notice (and it would be rude to add it against his wishes), but such a
notice can be made without touching the license.

--
Glenn Maynard