Re: Xbae widget license

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 08:46:49PM +0100, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> I am looking into the license of the Xbae widget set, see
> http://xbae.sourceforge.net

Mr. Stakenborg, are you subscribed to debian-legal?

You've received several replies, and I think everyone who has replied is
pretty much on the same page; the license is worded the same as other
DFSG-free licenses in use, but to avoid a University of Washington
situation, it would be wise to get clarification from the copyright
holder on one ambiguous construction.

However, given that existing precedent holds that this license is worded
and interpreted by licensors in a DFSG-free manner, I would say it's
safe to upload to main until and unless the copyright holder elects to
apply an uncommon interpretation of the license terms.  If that turns
out to be the case, the package could be moved to the non-free section.

Please see:
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200303/msg00134.html

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The first thing the communists do
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    when they take over a country is to