Re: PHPNuke license

On Sat, 01 Mar 2003, Anthony Towns wrote:
> One way in which it differs from the Zope web bug, is that the GPL
> clause only applies when you want to distribute your changes. Which
> would mean Debian's required to include the code in its packages, but
> users are free to remove it themselves, if they wish.

Although, if PHPNuke has javascript (or similar) that is being
executed on the client side, a case could be made that use of phpnuke
on a website is equivalent to distributing it. [If someone is aware of
the FSF or arguments saying otherwise, I'd be glad to hear them.]

Don Armstrong

--
America was far better suited to be the World's Movie Star. The
world's tequila-addled pro-league bowler. The world's acerbic bi-polar

-- Bruce Sterling, _Distraction_ p122

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu