Re: GNOME Font Copyright

Joe Drew wrote:
> Probably because Bitstream refuse to operate under any model but this
> one (i.e., to not let substandard fonts get used as the official ones),
> and they're more interested in getting things done than in blue-sky
> idealism?

So you don't really know, you're just guessing?  Sticking to that "blue-sky
idealism" helped build the community we cherish today.

> We're talking about a temporary step on the way to fully Free fonts.

I understand that which is why I asked my second question (which you did not
answer).  I'll restate the question in case it wasn't clear the first time I
asked it.  Why didn't GNOME choose to get involved with these fonts when
Bitstream releases them as Free Software fonts?