Re: GNOME Font Copyright

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 15:02, Jeff Licquia wrote:
> The Font Software may be sold as part of a larger software package but
> no copy of one or more of the Font Software typefaces may be sold by
> itself.

I agree that this is a Free Software license, personally.  It seems
fundamentally no different from the X11 or BSD licenses which require
copyright notices to be maintained as introns -- it's a requirement
which doesn't really serve any Free Software goals, but it's so minor as
to be harmless.  It can't combine in any way that I can see with some
other requirement, nor can it be abused in any way.  So, I see no reason
not to accept it as a Free Software license.

The FSF hasn't issued a statement on this yet.

--
-Dave Turner                     Stalk Me: 617 441 0668

"On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters
of principle, stand like a rock." -Thomas Jefferson