Re: Question(s) for clarifications with respect to the LPPL discussion

At 04.17 +0200 2002-07-23, Jeff Licquia wrote:
>On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 18:24, Lars Hellström wrote:
>> At 01.31 +0200 2002-07-22, Jeff Licquia wrote:
>> >Right.  The question is "what modification rights do you have?"  There's
>> >good reason to believe that the "must change the file name" clause must
>> >apply to derived works as well, so each time a file changes, its name
>> >must change.
>>
>> The claim in that last sentence is certainly unproven, and the license text
>> makes yours a highly unlikely interpretation.
>
>So you say.  But why should I believe you?  It certainly doesn't seem
>unlikely to me.
>
>(Remember, again, that I don't care about the intent of the license.  I
>only care what it says.)
[snip]
>Again: IF THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS, THEN WHY DOESN'T IT SAY THAT???!!!???

OK, at least now you're being clear that you in this thread apparently
insisted on discussing a precise text, not as elsewhere at the same time
rather the intent. This has made the last few turns rather pointless.

Lars Hellström