Re: forwarded message from Jeff Licquia

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 12:19, David Carlisle wrote:
> If the command the latex uses isn't called latex then basically all bets
> are off and it can produce anything at all.

This is, I think, the most crucial part of this whole discussion.

I did not see any statement to this effect in the LPPL draft that was
posted here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200207/msg00007.html

I would love to hear that I had completely missed it, or that you've
changed the draft to include such a statement.

It's my belief that if a statement to this effect were added to the
license, then there would be no question as to the license's compliance
with the DFSG, either as it is or with DFSG 4 removed.