Re: LaTeX Public Project License, Version 1.3 (DRAFT)

At 10.58 +0200 2002-07-16, Branden Robinson wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 12:56:22AM +0200, Lars Hellström wrote:
>> You would probably find the current licence even less free. Richard
>> Stallman is however (by various LaTeX team members) reported to be content
>> with it as 'free'.
>
>You should probably be aware that the Debian Project has not sworn
>ideological fealty to Richard Stallman.

I never thought that you did; if you had then this debate would probably
had been over long ago. However, I do believe he would qualify as a
counterexample to the hypothesis that "Anyone who is serious about free
software immediately recognises the LPPL as a non-free license." Whereas
this hasn't been claimed on this list (that I know of), there has on
occasion been quick dismissals of the LPPL where that hypothesis seems to
have been taken for granted. :-)

Lars Hellström