Re: TeX files in etc

> Debian people have reported some other non-free files in TeTex:
> hyphenation files.  (See below for the list.)  I am not sure
> of what version they are looking at.
>
> tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/cahyph.tex
> tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/gahyph.tex

Removed from teTeX.

> tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/hyphen.tex
> tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/ushyph1.tex
> % The Plain TeX hyphenation tables [NOT TO BE CHANGED IN ANY WAY!]

These files should be ok (given the terms that Knuth has on his ftp site):
  ftp://labrea.stanford.edu/tex/README

> tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/sehyph.tex
> tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/shhyphl.tex
> tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/sihyph22.tex
> tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/ushyph2.tex
> tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/ruhyphen/ruhyphas.tex
> tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/tex/generic/ruhyphen/ruhyphzn.tex

Removed from teTeX.

As for the removed files, Sebastian Rahtz has promissed to contact the
authors and/or TeX user groups. So, we can expect to see free versions
of the pattern files in the near future, since the user groups usually
have a strong interest in having free pattern files for TeX.

Thomas