Re: Preprints/Reprints of Academic Papers in Packages

On 17 Mar 2002, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

>John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:
>
>> I am fully aware of the fact that Debian contains GPL'd stuff.  But what
>> does a GPL definition of source have to do with a DFSG 2 determination?
>
>The context was not asking that question.

No, in context, the GPL never even came in to the discussion until Sam
Hartman used it's definition.  The context was about the DFSG-freeness of
integral documentation, like the RFCs included in bind-doc. I've already
treated on the "source-ness" of a postscript document in an agnostic
fashion other places in this discussion, and I'll not reiterate it here.
Needless to say, CM Connelly's question is on the applicability of DFSG 2
on documents.  Saying that the context is other than this is disingenuous
at best, fallacious at worst.

--
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.