Re: Preprints/Reprints of Academic Papers in Packages

On Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 10:59:27PM -0700, John Galt wrote:
> I submit since postscript is turing complete, postscript documents are
> actually already in source form.

"A Turing-complete system is one in which the behaviour of a universal
Turing machine can be completely emulated."

Er.  That would include compiled binaries, and they're not source; what
does turing completeness have to do with whether a file is source or not?

I think that a PDF is source if it's human-editable, and not if it's
practically uneditable PDF code generated from something else.  The
GFDL tries to make this distinction for HTML.

--
Glenn Maynard