Re: Is this license permittable into debian 'main'

On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 23:23, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 11:52:27PM -0500, Joe Drew wrote:
> > I don't see anywhere that this fails the DFSG. Asking that someone must
> > hit such-and-such a web page with changes (and its moral equivalents) I
> > will buy as a violation of DFSG 5; I can't see where being forced to
> > provide source code (under the QPL) when asked fails, though.
>
> I don't think being forced to actively send changes (or changelogs) upstream
> is any different than having to produce source on demand; both discriminate
> against people who *can't* publically release changes, such as people under
> NDA.

However, clause 6 says it only takes effect "when distributed", which is
kind of confusing. You need to be distributing it, but not to the
general public. Do NDAs and things like internal use count as
distribution at all?
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>