Re: Towards a new LPPL draft
On Jul 22, Boris Veytsman wrote:
> The question is, who should say "yes" and "no"? Sorry for being
> ignorant about the rules -- but is there a mechanism of voting or
> other decision taking of the list? How it is formally initiated?
The only formal procedures available are:
- Action by the Debian project leader.
- Action by the technical committee - if this issue is deemed
"technical" as opposed to "non-technical". My guess is they would
deem it non-technical and pass the buck.
- Action by the developers as a whole through the General Resolution
Additional de facto procedures:
- Acceptance of or failure to accept an upload of a new package with
the given licen[cs]e by the Debian ftp administration team. (Doesn't
help in this case anyway, since you're still drafting.)
- Consensus on the debian-legal list.
In practice, the de facto procedures are always followed.
Chris [no cc needed]
Chris Lawrence <email@example.com> - http://www.lordsutch.com/chris/
Instructor and Ph.D. Candidate, Political Science, Univ. of Mississippi
208 Deupree Hall - 662-915-5765
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com