Re: CUPS, the GNU GPL, and dual-licensing

On Wed, 2002-05-15 at 14:20, Michael Sweet wrote:
> OK, for the purposes of clarification, how does the following
> additional sentence sound:
>
>      No developer is required to provide these exceptions in a
>      derived work.
>
> I've put the ammended license agreement up on the CUPS server
> for your complete review:
>
>      http://www.cups.org/new-license.html

As far as I can tell, this seems to meet all concerns.  The placement is
key, I think.  (The sentence applies to all of the GPL exceptions, not
just the Apple one.)

But, I'm probably biased. :-)  Hopefully, someone else will chime in.

Thanks for working with us on this, BTW.  Not all upstream authors are
this easy to work with.