Re: WARNING: Crypto software to be included into main Debian distribution

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 05:44:34PM -0800, Walter Landry wrote:
> > He didn't say anything about "not allowing mirrors"--merely that *we*
> > shouldn't set one up in T7.
> He said that there should not be an "official" mirror.  I'm sorry
> that, in trying to be brief and to the point, I omitted the word
> "official".  I was more explicit in the first email you responded to.
> In any case, my point still stands.  Is Debian changing its policy to
> not allow official mirrors in the T7?

From the introduction:

] As mentioned, we have mirrors all around the world. We do not have any
] official mirrors (mirrors with which the project is connected) in any
] of the seven countries listed in EAR section 740.13(e), although since
] our software is publicly available, it might be copied into these
] countries.

No, Debian isn't going to set up official mirrors in any of
those countries while they're on the T7 list. So there won't be an
ftp.iq.debian.org machine for a while. That doesn't mean we're going to go
out of our way to block people in Iraq or wherever from mirroring Debian.

> I'm sure some people will object to that.

Of course they will.

Cheers,
aj

We came. We Saw. We Conferenced. http://linux.conf.au/

  ``Debian: giving you the power to shoot yourself in each
       toe individually.'' -- with kudos to Greg Lehey