Re: WARNING: Crypto software to be included into main Debian distribution

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) wrote:
> Walter Landry <wlandry@ucsd.edu> writes:
>
> > Dude, take a chill pill.  I posted a legal argument to debian-legal
> > and two other people directly in the conversation, neither of whom are
> > you.  If you don't want to talk about legal stuff, don't read
> > debian-legal.
>
> The point is, that we *already* went through this, and we got good
> comprehensive legal advice from a good attorney.
>
> Now maybe he's wrong, but you need to at least demonstrate that you've
> bothered to read the damn law before you try and tell us what it
> really means and why the lawyer we hired is wrong.
>
> And even then, Debian should simply proceed to implement the fine
> advice our lawyer gave us.

I didn't say that the lawyer was wrong.  I said that the lawyer told
us to implement reverse IP lookups, restrict the use of the software,
and not allow mirrors from the T7.  None of these changes are without
controversy, especially the last two.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu