Re: One unclear point in the Vim license

Scripsit Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo@rano.org>
> Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net>:

> > Right, but "you must send your changes back upstream" requirements are
> > not DFSG-free.

> I am surprised by this. Since when has this been true?

At least since the beginning of 1998 when I started reading
debian-legal (and spent the first few months getting beaten into my
head that such a clause made the license I used for my own programs
non-free).

--
Henning Makholm                        "Ligger Öresund stadig i Middelfart?"