Re: Combining proprietary code and GPL for in-house use

John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:

> No it isn't.  Debian's one of my favorite distros, and I hate to see it
> being brought down by the likes of you.  Every time you tell someone that
> they aren't a part of Debian, at least one person (more likely five or
> six: people have been known to listen) is lost to Debian, possibly
> forever.

You're not a developer.  I don't know why you think repeating that
fact is supposed to alienate everyone.

> This tired old tripe again?  Why don't you get it through your head that
> for all intents and purposes, the only name I will ever use within Debian
> is John Galt?

I want to know what name you use *outside* Debian.  Isn't that clear
by now?  That's the mimimal courtesy you won't give us.  I can see you
at a party.  "Hi, my name is Alex, who are you?"  "You can call me
John.  That's not my real name, but I'll only call myself John around
you."  You must be a real treat!

> Whether or not >I< am a part of Debian, if I ever catch you attempting to
> exclude another person, I will stop at nothing to see you bodily removed
> from Debian, preferably with my bootprint on your ass.

"Exclusion" isn't the point.  You, and Hoffman, if you have the
talents and the other necessary requirements, are welcome to join the
Project.  But until you do so, it is simply a fact that you aren't
part of Debian.

Now Hoffman hasn't really been hostile.  I think he's just following
ratholes, trying to understand a complicated thing.  I wanted to make
clear that following every rathole can actually be destructive.

Thomas