Re: OpenSSL and GPLed programs

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 11:06:35AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> You seem out of your depth here.  A tax attorney, for example, may be
> exceedingly good at his job and still be totally out of his depth when
> it comes to the details of the criminal law: a detective probably has
> a better knowledge of the elements of most serious crimes than does a
> tax attorney.
>
> I've been engaged in issues of free software IP law for over a decade,
> and I know the subject inside and out.  And I'm not the only one on
> this list; there are many such.

However, I don't see that chasing him off would do us any good.

There's a fair bit about law, that's taught in law schools, and most of
us here don't have that training.

Also:  claiming that he's wrong isn't going to make any of us right.

In principle, at least, we should be able to find a basis for agreement,
and go from there.

Thanks,

--
Raul