Re: KDE not in Debian?

Raul Miller wrote:

> So, if I take someone else's GPLed code, and add it to Qt, I have to
> re-release it under terms that say that Troll can re-release it under
> non-GPLed terms.

But if I take QPLd code and add it to your GPLd application, you will
demand that I release it under the terms of the GPL. Why is it bad that
Troll gets to choose their licensing terms for their works, but good if
you choose your licensing terms for yours?

If you submit a bug fix to one of my applications, which are under the
BSDL, I will refuse them if you insist that your fixes be GPLd. I will
not let you subvert my copyright or licensing. Just as I have to follow
your rules when working on your applications, you have to follow my
rules with my stuff, and follow Trolls rules for Qt. I just don't see
what the problem is.

David Johnson