Re: need sponsorship for sphinx

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 06:06:24PM -0500, Jacob Kuntz wrote:
> > As far as I can see, it complies with the DFSG - looks like standard
> > BSD-type fare. Comments?
> >

> see part 3, derived works. that violates the open source guidelines. that
> doesn't mean i'm not brimming with glee that we have access to it of course.

 * 3. The names "Sphinx" and "Carnegie Mellon" must not be used to
 *    endorse or promote products derived from this software without
 *    prior written permission. To obtain permission, contact
 *    sphinx@cs.cmu.edu.

cf. BSD license:
4. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products
   derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

BSD is DFSG-free - how is the Sphinx license not?