Re: need sponsorship for sphinx

Joe Drew (hosehead@gemini.woot.net) wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 05:28:02PM -0500, Jacob Kuntz wrote:
> > i'm sure many of you noticed the release of CMU's Speech to Text as 'Open
> > Source' today on slashdot. after carefull inspection of the license, i found
> > that it isn't exactly free.
>
> What isn't free about it?

[lines pruned]

> As far as I can see, it complies with the DFSG - looks like standard
> BSD-type fare. Comments?

see part 3, derived works. that violates the open source guidelines. that
doesn't mean i'm not brimming with glee that we have access to it of course.

--
(jacob kuntz)                    jpk@cape.com jake@{megabite,underworld}.net
(megabite systems)     "think free speech, not free beer." (gnu foundataion)