Re: Double Standard?

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 11:20:56AM -0800, David Johnson wrote:
> My cynicism just kicked in again :-) So I am now doing a wee bit of
> research...
>
> Of course, I'm not currently running Debian at work, so I don't have any
> means to extract licenses out of deb files [...]

Everything you ever wanted to know about debian packages can be found
on <http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages>. There you can find for every
package the Debian Changelog, the Copyright file, the currently open bug
reports, the original source code, the Debian diff file and the current
maintainer.

The license you are looking for is at:
<http://cgi.debian.org/cgi-bin/get-copyright?package=licq-plugin-qt2>

> This program is licensed under the terms of the GNU GPL, with the
> exception that it may be compiled and linked with the TrollTech QT
> library without implying that any of the rights or restrictions
> associated with the GPL are applied to the QT library.

Cheers,

Mark