Re: kde and debian a long love story :)

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 03:24:36PM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> "Darren O. Benham" wrote:
>
> > [2] This is what I was told on IRC after talking to Richard Braakman and
> > James Troup... distilled..
> >
> >  Before KDE is going to get in, the ftpmasters have to be sure
> >  that there is no third party GPL code (or other improperly
> >  licensed code).
>
> Implying that GPL+Qt is okay with them if the code was written
> for Qt in the first place.

Er, no.  Darren's summary is inaccurate.  I merely asked for someone
to check if the licensing on the uploaded KDE packages was correct,
because I didn't have time to do that.  I never said anything about
"third party" code, I meant the entire license issue.

The few files I did check were LGPL, which is compatible with the Qt
license as far as I've heard.

Richard Braakman