Re: kde and debian a long love story :)

Two things i want to say:

1)
>> 5) making pressure on troll.no to change to LGPL. With
>> all the hype currently around GPL. it could be possible.
>> Or asking RedHat or any linux-Startup to buy troll.no and
>> do the change for them :)
>That would solve all of the legal problems (not the trust problems at
>all)
>but Troll Tech would never do it.  They are not even entertaining the
>change I suggested to TWO CLAUSES of the QPL which would achieve GPL
>compatibility as far as Debian would be concerned.
Why did they refused ? We all know that QT is a good design but
the lib is quite Huge and before recoding everything, let's try
to make "pressure" on troll.
If you were troll ? From a commecial point of view (money,money)
what are disavantage of i.e. LGPLing QT ? They still can make
pay for the windows version. I think troll isn't really fair
with the community that made his success. In french we say
"Il veux le beurre l'argent du beurre et le sourire de la
cremiere", They want the boter, the money of the boter and
the smile of the jerk.
I will have my server back this week, (i'm currently moving)
that's why i'm writing with netscape and hotmail now, i
can host a "Letter from linux community to Troll" where
people can sign. We must take time write it well. Ask
them to
"change I suggested to TWO CLAUSES of the QPL which would achieve
GPL..."
or even LGPL.
For the last one, troll will have to accept that QPL is failure :)
But it would be good, other QPL projects would certainly change their
license too.

2)
Some people suggested that this discution shouldn't take part
here, I subscribed to kde-licensing, the last message on this
maling list is from March 99, i think it is time that it
come back to life. I suggest people interresed subcribe there
and we will post summary of the discussion here.