Re: FreeVeracity shipment.

At 12:49 PM -0800 5/1/2000, Nick Moffitt wrote:
>Quoting Yann Dirson:
> > * The sentence `You also indicate your acceptance by retaining the
> > Module on your computer for more than one day.' may have strange
> > interactions with the download of (eg.) a precompiled binary package
> > from debian.org/.../non-free/ - the downloader may get a large bunch
> > of software, and may not physically have the time to carefully read
> > all the licences - if he only reads the licence 2 days later, even
> > before ever thinking of running the program, does this mean he has
> > implicitely accepted a licence he did not read ?
>
>	This is the same tactic the MICROS~1 Windows EULA takes:  they
>put the license inside the package and say "by opening the package,
>you agree to..."

BTW: I wasn't trying to use a "tactic". I just hadn't thought through
what it meant for the new means of distribution where you basically
load everything onto your disk and THEN at a later date choose to
install.

The model I had in my head was someone explicitly FTPing the archive
file and then unpacking it.

I'm going to rework the section. If you have any suggestions on what
a good trigger condition would be, let me know.

Thanks,

Ross.

Dr Ross N. Williams (ross@rocksoft.com), +61 8 8232-6262 (fax-6264).
Director, Rocksoft Pty Ltd, Adelaide, Australia: http://www.rocksoft.com/