FreeVeracity.

Yaan,

At 9:55 PM +0100 26/12/1999, Yann Dirson wrote:
>Hi Ross,
>
>I have recently packaged FunnelWeb and its docs (in separate packages)
>for inclusion in Debian GNU/Linux.  However, I had not realized that
>the docs were not covered by the GPL.

On a separate note, I am just days away from releasing a free
version of my commercial data integrity tool Veracity:

   http://www.veracity.com/

It is to be called FreeVeracity and its web will be at:

   http://www.freeveracity.org/
   (password protected at the moment - not signed off yet).

I am releasing FreeVeracity under a licence I have created called
"The Free World Licence" which is functionally similar to the GNU
GPL, but restricts use of the software to free platforms only
(GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, GNU HURD etc) so as to avoid
nuking my commercial-platform sales.

Because of this, the licence does not conform to the ten commandments
(licence-discuss@opensource.org told me so in October). However, if
there is a non-free Debian distribution, I would very much like FreeVeracity
to be included as part of it. If you are interested in including it,
please let me know what the deadline is for inclusion in the next release.

Thanks,

Ross.

Dr Ross N. Williams (ross@rocksoft.com), +61 8 8232-6262 (fax-6264).
Director, Rocksoft Pty Ltd, Adelaide, Australia: http://www.rocksoft.com/