Re: Corel's apt frontend

> Hmmm. I also suspect that the performance of a play would constitute
> a derived work

You can also "perform" a computer program, it's generally called _use_.
The program's output may be derivative.

Given that the GPL has language that is extremely un-restrictive regarding
use, I doubt it could be applied to restricting front-ends that run across
the exec() interface.

Copyright law allows you to control "public performance" of your work, I
think this is a separate concept from "use". You could use this control,
for example, to control use of your program on a web server, where the
output of the program is presented to clients.

	Thanks

	Bruce