Re: opencontent licence DFSG free?

Chris Lawrence <quango@watervalley.net> writes:

> On Oct 12, Joey Hess wrote:
> > The whole O'Reilly debian book is online now at
> > http://www.ora.com/catalog/debian/chapter/
> >
> > The copyright is the OpenContent license,
> > http://www.ora.com/catalog/debian/chapter/copyright.html
> >
> > It looks to me on a hurried reading that the opencontent license is DFSG
> > free so long as none of the "license options" are invoked. Opinions?
>
> I tend to agree; my recollection is that the OpenContent License (aka
> OPL) was specifically designed to be compliant with the Open Source
> Definition (and thus the DFSG).  Furthermore, I think RMS helped them
> write it or revise it.

What about this?

    Any publication in standard (paper) book form shall require the
    citation of the original publisher and author. The publisher and
    author's names shall appear on all outer surfaces of the book. On
    all outer surfaces of the book the original publisher's name shall
    be as large as the title of the work and cited as possessive with
    respect to the title.

(from http://www.ora.com/catalog/debian/chapter/appf_01.html)

Isn´t this an advertising clause like the BSD license had?
This would be bad and make it non-free, doesn`t it?

I wonder if it is enforceable, because every book has got 6 outer
surfaces and its hard to get the information requested on the side
which opens up... *eg*

Jens

---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37