Re: ITP: xengine

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Kenshi Muto wrote:

> License: == from README ==
>
>         Author: Kazuhiko Shutoh
>
>         Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute without charge this
>         software, documentation, images, etc. is granted, provided that this
>         comment and the author's name is retained.  The author assumes no
>         responsibility for lost sleep as a consequence of use of this software.
>
> P.S.
> This package is moved from Debian-JP, so the version starts 1.10-4.

Since redistribution is allowed without charge only, this will have to go
into non-free, IMHO.

You can ask the author to change the wording from 'without charge' to
'with or without charge'. If he does, it will be OK for main.

Cc:'ed to debian-devel. Please continue this discussion on that list.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, so I may be wrong.

Remco
--
rd1936:  1:15am  up 6 days, 16:44,  5 users,  load average: 1.66, 1.56, 1.47