Re: licence of LDP

Andrea Fanfani writes:
> Now I have to package the other guides (user guide, network guide, kernel
> guide etc. etc.). this books are under the licence of ldp... and I need a
> definitive opinion: the licence of linux documentation project is or not
> DFSG compliant ?

The _Linux Programmers Guide_ is non-free because its license contains
this:  "If you make money with it the authors want a share."

The LDP license is free except for the prohibition on derivatives.  IMHO
this should be permitted but deprecated, but others do not agree.

The _Linux Kernel_ license is the same as the LDP one.

BTW the LDP license contradicts itself somewhat in that it forbids
derivatives while permitting partial copies.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)