Re: New EULA of UnrealIRCd

    Branden> On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 03:31:38PM -0500, Sam Hartman
    Branden> wrote:
    >> It's unclear from the text you quoted whether they are
    >> reserving the change the license on future downloads, which
    >> IMHO is fine for Debian or reserving the right to change the
    >> license of existing downloads which has the problems you point
    >> out.

    Branden> Requiring a click-through license acceptance ceremony is,
    Branden> in and of itself, incompatible with the GNU GPL.  This is
    Branden> because it makes requirements of the user that the GNU
    Branden> GPL itself does not.

Only if the license that is clicked through requires something that
the GNU GPL does not require.

I can decide to distribute only to people who are willing to click
through the GPL or some subset of the GPL.

There are several things I cannot do in this regard:

1) Require third parties to present a click through acceptance.

2) Require you to accept ad ditional terms not contained in the GPL.

3) Give you binaries without the click-through but require the
   click-through for source.

There may be other points I'm missing, but I'm fairly certain that the
blanket statement that click-throughs are incompatible with the GPL is
false.  I'd certainly agree with the lesser statement that any
click-through which is compatible with the GPL is pointless and a
waste of my time as a user.