OpenSSL exception for GPLed code?

Hi,

I cannot[1] release new Nessus[2] packages because the upstream GPLed code has
switched to using OpenSSL. Sadly, the parts of Nessus that are LGPL don't
link to OpenSSL, yet those that are GPL do. :/

So I was wondering, where can I find a suitable license text that would have
to be added to the Nessus license in order to fully legalize linking to
OpenSSL? I would forward this to the upstream author for ratification.

Please Cc: relevant replies to myself because I am not subscribed to this
mailing list. TIA.

[1] well, I can, but then I'd have to leave out the encryption layer and
that would be a grave regression.
[2] source packages: nessus-libraries, libnasl, nessus-core, nessus-plugins

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.