Re: Debian squeeze on Samsung N220: almost working very well but no control of brightness

Hi Martin,

>I got AR9285 instead, using ath9k. Modules loaded and
>network-manager-kde brought everything up. Logs seemed successful,
>etc. The only problem was that I couldn't do much -- not even ping.
>Well, I could ping the access point, but not very reliably. I'd been
>fighting with this for quite some time when it literally solved
>itself: while I turned my back on the netbook, something changed...
>I've skimmed the logs, but haven't figured it out. Let's see what
>happens with this over time...

Have you tried to turn off your network interface (eth0).
I've often had conflicts with NetworkManager when trying to work through
wireless. Though after turning off the eth0 interface (e.g. via ifconfig eth0
down), wireless worked flawlessly.

Maybe it's only this.

Good luck

Christopher Ranschaert.