Re: Thanks for the great system / installation successfull report

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:31:29AM +0100, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>   I donwloaded the last testing distro DVD (I never use stable, unless
> on very important server machines, where stability and security is more
> important than convenience), and booted the laptop.

Are you suggesting that running testing is more convenient than running
stable? In what way?

Testing is a tool used by the DDs to be used in whatever way they see
fit. There are frequent package changes. I have a testing machine on
dial-up which has approx 400 packages waiting to be upgraded. It's
sources list will be changed to stable when Lenny comes of age.

There are plenty of people who are dissilusioned into thinking that
"testing" is some sort of a more up to date stable.

If you want convenience, i.e. no unpleasant surprises, no jumping
through hoops after a dist-upgrade etc., use stable.

--
Chris.
======