Re: CDROM problem!

Arlindo Sierra Neto said...

> When you install a Debian kernel package, there is a config file in
> /boot/config-2.6.xx

Yup, I understand that - I have a few sets of "instructions" here -
that's why I downloaded the 2.6.12.1 source... to "match" the config
file I already have.

> If you don't find one I'll send you mine. I'm running on kernel 2.6.13.1

Thanks very much. As a matter of interest, is there any/much change
between the .12 and .13 config files? And how do you tell?

Noob kernel bloke questions :-) I learn fast, though.

I started downloading .13, as I saw it was the latest stable at
kernel.org, but then I realised that I didn't know whether the .12
config file that I have in /boot would work with it, so I took the
course of action I've already mentioned.

I have the laptop working with a "Debian-style" Knoppix install, so I
know that it works with 2.6.12, since that's what Knoppix v4 uses.
However, acpi is off and the fan noise is driving me made :-O

--
Best,
Marc