WiFi Toshiba Sattelite A70 Atheros AR5004X

I posted this question on the regular Debian-Users List, but I thought I'd try this one as well.

I recently acquired a Toshiba Satellite A70 with Atheros AR5004X chip (as well as Sid, 2.6.12, KDE 3.4.2 and X.org).

How do I get this WiFi to work? Do I absolutely need to compile my own kernel? I tried ndiswrapper, but that is not for the Kernel that I have.

I thank you kindly in advance.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.