[Touchpad] doesn't work after starting a GTK application ?!?

Hello !

I've got a odd problem : When I start A GTK Application, My touchpad stop
working.
First I have to say that to get my touchpad working when debian start I have
to run this command :

# echo -n "psmouse" > /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/drvctl

But I've got a odd problem : When I start A GTK Application, My touchpad stop
working ! (I often use Gaim and Totem) and i have to re-run this command to
get it working again.

I have to run this as root.

I use KDE but having some troubles with kaffeine and kopete ;-)

My computer's an Acer Aspire 1674WLMi.

I wait for your help.

Detlev.