Re: ifplugd detects beat link at startup though no caple is plugged in

Hi,

Jens Nachtigall wrote:
> at boot up and when no caple is plugged in into my laptop (Fujitsu Siemens
> Amilo M 7400), the ifplugd daemon still detects a beat link and therefore
> causes dhclient to run. This means that the boot up process is paused until
> dhclient gives up:
Same behaviour on my Dell Inspiron 8000 running Debian Sarge
Kernel version 2.6.8-2-386 (horms@tabatha.lab.ultramonkey.org).
My laptop is 4 years old and is equipped with following
Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro 100].

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany
office: +49 421 20419-0 (ArtCom GmbH, Lise-Meitner-Str. 5, D-28359 Bremen)