Re: Kernel decision

NUBERUS <nuberus@gmail.com> schrieb am 20.08.05 23:44:34:
> dude, try to use oficial kernel imagen, do not try others. trust me, ONLY OFI.
>  some patch make the machine go into kernel panic.

If you are referring to the official Debian kernel images, that is what I am using at the moment. But suspending to RAM does not work with my laptop, so I want to stay on the bleeding edge at least to check, if some of the newer patches get it working. Besides that, I don't see any "official" way of getting software suspend 2 into an AMD64 kernel without compiling it myself (of course still with make-kpkg).

As this is not a production server, but my personal laptop, and I do backup my data once in a while, I don't mind experimenting.

Thanks for your advice though, Frank